Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Homemade Peanut Butter Easter Eggs

I haven't made these homemade peanut butter eggs in quite some time.

I made these several times in the past and being familiar with the ingredients and the texture I just threw the ingredients together until it looked right. The filling consists of peanut butter, powdered sugar, and finely ground graham crackers.

The shell is milk chocolate melted with a tablespoon or two of peanut butter.

After I whip up the filling, I shape them into eggs.....or something like it. At least I try and should look something like this. Then they go into the freezer until for at least an hour until they are firm enough to handle.

I decided to hand dip my peanut butter eggs.

A little messy....but that is okay.

I had some leftover chocolate after hand dipping so I got a zip-loc bag and put the remaining chocolate into it. I shipped off the corner so I could use it to pipe across the eggs for added decoration.


I added some pastel Easter egg sprinkles to some of them. While they are still wet, this would be the time to add sprinkles of your choosing.



Most important part....enjoy! I usually end up with chocolate on my face after eating these. My husband will point it out to me an hour after the fact. Thanks.   :)

AllRecipes.com (my favorite recipe website) has several different Peanut Butter Egg recipes to chose from or you can just throw the ingredients together like I did. I promise, it is a very easy fool-proof project!

2 comments:

  1. I am going to do this for my kid's baskets! I really do not want to go but the Reese's eggs this year...maybe I can try all organic...or not;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you could do this mostly organic.....use some of those carob chips? I think that would work.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...