Monday, February 20, 2012

Fiber One Kid Approved Trail Mix

As an AllRecipes Allstar on AllRecipes.com we were asked to make and provide feedback for Fiber One Chocolate-Peanut Butter Haystacks.  Believe me, this was no problem because after switching semi-sweet for milk chocolate I made these several times in the last two weeks. Pure deliciousness.




As an Allstar, we were also asked to create a recipe using Fiber One cereal. We were provided with two boxes of Fiber One Original Bran cereal. My mind started with wander, imagining what I could make with this product.


I still have ideas of dessert recipe in which I could incorporate Fiber One, but I am training for a half marathon which is in a couple of weeks and I haven't been making many desserts in the past several months. I decided to make a kid friendly trail mix with the cereal. After being introduced to Fiber One through the AllRecipes Allstar program, I decided to browse my grocery store to see what else Fiber One offers. I discovered they carry several different cereals. I settled on a combination of Fiber One Honey Squares and Fiber One Original Bran for my trail mix recipe.




You have to keep it fun for the kids, but this recipe is easily adjustable. It is a great way for your children to get their fiber without even realizing it. Yogurt chips are somewhat difficult to find. You may want to check a healthy grocery store like Whole Foods, Sprouts, or Henry's. You can also purchase yogurt chips from bulk food candy websites as well.

Fiber One Kid Approved Trail Mix

  • 2 Cups FiberOne Honey Squares Cereal

  • ½ Cup FiberOne Original Bran Cereal

  • ½ Cup Yogurt Chips

  • ½ Cup M&M’s

  • ½ Cup Roasted Peanut Halves


  • Simply mix together the ingredients and store in an airtight container.
    This recipe yields 3 cups of trail mix and serves 6.

    I am an Allrecipes Allstar Brand Ambassador(a voluntary position) and I’m not compensated for my work with Allrecipes.com. Products received from advertiser are only used for experienced-based reviews on http://tastingmysweetcreations.blogspot.com/ . The reviews, content and opinions expressed in this blog are purely the sole opinions of my own, MySweetCreations.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...