Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dove Coconut Creme Eggs

Yeah......serious goodness not to be missed if you are a coconut lover.

I managed to walk out of Target without a bag of these last week when I was browsing the Easter candies. They cost $3.99 a bag and it didn't seem like there were many inside the bag, so I thought I would wait.

Well, I was at Target today and besides exchanging a pair of sunglasses and scoring a huge spool of yellow ribbon on clearance for $0.51 cents that I will need for my daughter's upcoming birthday party, my cart was empty. I couldn't make just a fifty cent purchase so I grabbed a bag of these Dove Coconut Creme Eggs this time.
They are wrapped in pretty teal foil.

As I unwrapped them, the eggs were very plain looking, no cute design or anything. It is the taste that matters, right?

So I bit into one. Wow. Seriously.....wow. I have had Coconut M&M's (which I like) and Coconut Hershey Kisses, but those seems to melt into my mouth quickly and then it is gone. With these, the eggs are really a 2 or 3 biters. I find with Dove, the chocolate is much more silky and smooth and it seems to linger in the mouth longer. The coconut also has a thick silky smooth texture much like the milk chocolate and I found that I enjoy the taste of these Coconut Creme Eggs much more than any other coconut candy to date.

If you like coconut flavored candy, do not be put off by the $3.99 price as I was at first. It is worth the price! I noticed they also have Peanut Butter Eggs in addition to their classic combinations. I have a 5 year old who loves coconut candy that would be thrilled to find some of these in her Easter basket.  


7 comments:

  1. My husband is sitting next to me eating coconut M&M's right now, he was a little disappointed with them because they won't contain any real coconut. But I just showed him your post and he is drooling over these, we'll definitely have to pick him some up:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, man. For the love of coconut. Yum. DO you know if these are sold individually? I cannot bring an entire bag home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely have to give these a try! I try to stay away from sweets as much as I can, but I'm a huge lover of anything coconut! Can't believe I missed them last week when I was at Target a couple of days ago. I didn't like Coconut M&M's at all, I was very disappointed with the lack of coconut flavor. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These babies are with the Easter candy, so keep an eye out for them! I like Coconut M&M's, but they could use more flavor. I hope you like these, Rose!

      Delete
    2. Ok, I have to confess that I had these in my mind since I read your blog, so before I picked up my boys from school yesterday I stopped at Target quickly just to buy them. Absolutely delicious, you are right.... very silky, it just melts in your mouth! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. Oh man I have to get some of these, choco and coconut are one of my fav combos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...