Monday, January 30, 2012

Room Two Chocolate Chip Cookies

Last week I was asked to make cookie dough with my daughter's kindergarten class. I made cookie dough with the class a couple of months ago and it was a good experience and of course the children enjoy the mixing process as well as receiving the baked cookies the next day.

This time I wanted to create an original recipe of my own since we xerox copies of the recipe and send it home so the children and parents can make them at home if they chose. Creating a new recipe always starts out the same for me. I keep my laptop on my center island so I turn it around with Microsoft Word on the screen. I begin pouring ingredients into my mixer and as I do so, I type what I use into Word. This way is easy because I can backspace and make changes if I decide to use more of a certain ingredient.

I named the cookies Room Two Chocolate Chip Cookies after my daughter's classroom because I created the recipe with them in mind and at the last minute I decided to add rainbow nonpareil sprinkles because it makes the cookies more fun for the 5 and 6 year olds.


These were the first batch of cookies from the oven.




Room Two Chocolate Chip Cookies


Ingredients:

½ Cup Butter, softened

1 Cup Brown Sugar

¼ Cup White Granulated Sugar

1 Egg

1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract

½ Teaspoon Baking Soda

½ Teaspoon Salt

2 Cups Flour

1 Cup Chocolate Chips

1 Tablespoon Rainbow Nonpareil Sprinkles

Directions:

1.) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

2.) Cream together softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.

3.) Add in egg and vanilla and mix until blended.

4.) Stir in baking soda and salt.

5.) Add flour one cup at a time until well mixed.

6.) Stir in chocolate chips and nonpareil sprinkles

7.) Scoop cookie dough the size of 2 Tablespoons and roll into a ball and place on a dark cookie sheet. Bake cookies 12-15 minutes or until done.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...