Sunday, January 8, 2012

Red Velvet Ice Cream

A friend of mine introduced me to Yogurtland last summer which is a very cool self serve frozen yogurt place. They have a variety of awesome flavors such as brownie batter, coconut, passionfruit, peanut butter, chocolate hazelnut, oatmeal cookie, etc. I usually get a couple of flavors and one of my staples is red velvet cake batter. Once you serve yourself rhe frozen yogurt there is a wide variety of toppings as well as Ghiradelli chocolate and caramel sauces and then you pay by the ounce. I totally love Yogurtland!





Yogurtland inspiration.



Inspired by the red velvet cake batter frozen yogurt, I decided to make a Red Velvet Ice Cream. This is the recipe I threw together! I hope you enjoy!



Red Velvet Ice Cream



2 1/2 Cups Heavy Cream

1 Cup Whole Milk

1 1/3 Cup Granulated Sugar

4 Eggs or 1 Cup Liquid Eggs

1 1/4 Cup Red Velvet Cake Mix

1 Teaspoon Vanilla



1.) On medium heat whisk together heavy cream, milk, and sugar. Watching carefully add in the eggs and stir constantly to ensure eggs mix smoothly in and not cook at the bottom of the pan. (I like to use a whisk and a spatula.)

2.) Whisk in red velvet cake mix. Stir and allow mixture to thicken slightly then remove from heat. Pour into a container and stir in vanilla.

3.) Place in the refrigerator and allow to completely cool.

4.) Transfer to your ice cream maker and make as per directions on your maker.



~MySweetCreations

8 comments:

  1. MMMMMM...sounds delish!

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your ice cream on Lisa's sweets link up party! I love homemade ice cream and can't wait to try this recipe out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got a kitchen aid for Christmas (finally) and made sure my husband ordered the ice cream maker, as well! Can't wait to try out this recipe. I love red velvet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo, this looks so good!!

    joannadell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! I just got an ice-cream maker yesterday so I'm going to have to try that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love you..lol This was my fav ice cream at yogurtland. We do not have one around here so very excited I can make it myself, thanks girly!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...