Monday, January 2, 2012

New Goals for a New Year

I am not one for New Year's Resolutions. It seems they are always made to be broken and usually resolve around quitting something or get more exercise. Mine goal for each year is to mail birthday cards and presents on time. I have been making some personal changes over the past year and I am ready to take some of them to the next level.


#1) I am running already running! It has been nearly two weeks and I have already worked myself up to 3 miles. I should also mention that my husband encouraged me to set some goals and signed us up to run the San Diego Half Marathon on March 11th. I am pushing 30 later this year and I don't want to look back on life and wish I would have done things so I took the plunge and committed myself to the half marathon.

#2) Read more books. I have been reading quite a bit, actually, but I want to continue to read a lot. I have thrown in some other books that I don't normally read, recently.  I am currently reading the book pictured above which has over 1,000 pages.


#3) Add more color and style to my wardrobe. I am trying to be more creative and stylish.  Now that my daughter is in Kindergarten, I get up each day and put on real clothes instead of black yoga pants and a plain top.  It's now or never.


Do you have any goals that you plan to stick with in 2012?

7 comments:

  1. These are great goals! Half marathons are so much fun. You will be addicted. :) Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm following you now. Your blog is great!

    xo

    MacKensie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the half marathon!!!!! It took me 2 years to commit to a half. Good for you. I need to adopt your #3. I live in black yoga pants and a long sleeve white t-shirt --- boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, I think that yellow & turquoise is the perfect addition of color to your wardrobe! Those are my two favorite colors together! =)

    I'm running too! My goal is to run a 1/2 marathon later this year. I'm running a 5k in less than two weeks and I'm barely up to running 2 miles right now. lol I better get on top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the response Tiffany! I am barely running 3 miles and this half marathon is in March. I know what you mean about getting on top of this and getting it done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shirt and necklace combo you have on there. Uber chic! I'm going to start reading more books, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the running, I wish I could start running again...but do not feel like doing it in snow...lol Love the color of your top, Happy New Year my San Diego friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the kind comments! Happy New Year to you Steph!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...