Saturday, January 21, 2012

Maple Donut Icing

While shopping at the commissary this evening, I came across these delicious looking Pumpkin Donuts. They are not glazed and have no icing but I can't resist anything pumpkin...especially when it comes to donuts.

Making icing is easy. This is what I threw together to create my Maple Donut Icing:

~1 Cup Powdered Sugar
~1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
~1Tablespoon 2% Milk
8 drops of Vanilla Butternut oil

Mix it together...

...and dip your donuts in.

Have a piece of wax paper laying on your counter to set the donuts on for an easy clean up.

Finally, enjoy!
This recipe makes enough icing to generously dip 6 cake donuts.

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous idea to ice store bought donuts yourself, and those look so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a huge doughnut fan...but the two I do like are apple and pumpkin. These look yummy! I recently pinned a recipe for homemade pumpkin doughnuts...I may have to try them out this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of pumpkin flavoured things, but those donuts still look pretty good! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...