Saturday, January 28, 2012

InstaFriday Pictures

life rearranged

Pacific Ocean. I took this picture as I was a chaperone on my daughter's field trip last week.

Overlooking San Diego.

A sea urchin that one of the kids found in the tide pools.

My daughter holding a baby starfish she found in a tide pools.

Awesome Crate and Barrel vase I scored at daughter's school's rummage sale for $2.

My husband surprised me by ordering this aqua Cuisinart hand blender and stainless milkshake blending cup.

Bought pumpkin cake donuts and made my own maple icing for them.

Gumballs from Party City. These are the colors of my daughter's upcoming 6th Birthday Party in April. It is going to be a retro candy shop theme. I am starting to pick up some things for it here and there.

I bought the red candy stick but got a deal on the blue rock candy because it was marked $5.99 a bag and in another area of the store it was marked incorrectly at $3.99 a bag. I asked and got them at the lower price! Instead of a pinata this year, I am setting up a candy table.

Daughter wearing her Rapunzel wig.

Made an espresso bark with whole Hazelnut Cream coffee beans.

My new glasses.

Decided to roll up my skinny jeans and wear them with heels in a casual way.

Got really nice running gear at Costco. Running jacket is $24.99 and pants are $19.99. They are of very, very nice quality. I need to go back for another jacket.

Created a new cookie recipe from scratch. I am calling these Room Two Chocolate Chip Cookies because I created the recipe so I can make the cookie dough with daughter's class on Monday. Wanted to use an original recipe.

Went out with a friend for dessert.....

.....and coffee. Actually she had tea and I got a Mexican Spiced Mocha. I was so full I couldn't finish either the drink or the cake.

Last night I made a quick and easy mini cookie bottom sundae. I will be sharing this idea very soon.

Bought some great running leggings at Target with my Christmas gift card.

6 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the idea of a retro candy shop theme for her party! Can't wait to see the pics of the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many awesome things in this post! I might have to go check out those pants at Costco! And that donut looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome shots and the espresso bark sounds amazing..hope there is a recipe soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Desserts looks delish! I am going to have to check my costco for the fitness gear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of fun things in here! I would LOVE a retro birthday party. Lucky little girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love the tiny starfish, and the espresso bark. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...