Saturday, December 31, 2011

Starting the Day With A Chai Latte

Although our weather foreceast has been in the high 60's - 70's this week it is still chilly overnight and in the morning. I decided to start my Saturday with a warm Chai Latte at home.

All you need is:
1/2 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Chai Concentrate (Stabucks uses Tazo)
Whipped Cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon for the top.

I use pour the milk and chai concentrate in a glass measuring cup and microwave for 1:00 - 1:30 minutes.

I use my Aerolatte to froth the mixture after I warm it up. You can get these for $19.99 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. With the coupons they always send in the mail, you can get one cheaper and I was initially surprised how often I actually use it. Great for mixing hot chocolate, drinking chocolate or any assortment of homemade lattes or coffees. We also use it to froth milk, which makes my 5.5 year old happy.  :)


I keep a bowl of homemade whipped cream in my fridge at all times. I add a packet of whipped cream stablizer to it while making it so it doesn't break down. Add some whipped cream on top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. You are done in less than 3 minutes!

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummy and I so need to get one of those aerolatte's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful. My favorite drink in the morning! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very enjoyed for this site. Its year informative topic. It help me very much to solve Some Problems. Its so fantastic and Opportunity are working style so speedy


    Chai

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best way to start the day! Yum. Come visit us. We have a terrific healthy dessert recipe today!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...