Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Decor

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been more busy that I anticipated since my daughter started school back in September. Each year our family tradition has been a trip to The Christmas Tree Farm in the East County of San Diego. We opt to get our fresh tree and trimmings each year on the day after Thanksgiving and avoid the busy retails areas. There is a small aircraft airport on the other side of the tree farm so every minute or two small privately piloted aircraft fly overhead as they approach the runway to land. On this particular day while the rest of the country was cold, we wore tees and tanks to pick up our Christmas Tree.


Fall leaves I captured from a tree in the parking lot.


 We got our tree home and promptly began to set it up for decorations. We also purchased a 10 foot fresh sway to drape over the fireplace. I misplaced my photo of that but if I find it I will update this and add it in.


Close up of the tree.   :)

Each year a street in my community in San Diego goes crazy with Christmas Lights. Here are some photos from our trip through their street.

These guys actually board up their windows in their home and made room to add displays. You walk up to their front doors, driveways, and through their side yards. The displays are amazing!


This is my favorite home. I love the extreme use of lights in the trees.


Merry Christmas to you all!


6 comments:

  1. You tree is beautiful! And I LOVE all those Christmas lights! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tree and ornaments! Have a wonderful Christmas hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad I found your blog. ;) It is local to me. :) I am in North County. I would like to find more local blogs as well. Love your tree it is beautiful, and seeing your pics about the lights makes me want to go sown to PQ to see all the lights on Christmas Tree Lane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Christmas tree, Kelly! I also love your fireplace. Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas and a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...