Sunday, November 6, 2011

Lattes, Smoothies, and Milkshakes

For the past month or so I have been lacking an appetite so I haven't done much baking. I have all the ingredients to make almost anything I want, but the desire to eat it just isn't there. Instead of baking, I have been enjoying lattes, smoothies, and shakes instead. Most of the time they are homemade, but not always. Here are some of my favorites...


Mocha Hazelnut Latte from Chi Chocolat, a local San Diego place in my neighborhood. Hands down this place has the best tasting lattes. The spices and the chocolate are very rich and flavorful that nothing else compares. You can see the richness in the photo above.

This is my first Gingerbread Latte of the season from Starbucks. I just got this a couple of days ago. I am a huge fan of Pumpkin Spice and Gingerbread Lattes from Starbucks.

Okay.....wow! A new place called Slater's 50/50 opened in my area and it is a burger place. They do make all kinds of crazy milkshakes which include Maple Bacon. I decided to stray from my usual chocolate milkshakes and got this Pumpkin Spice Milkshake. It was amazing...so amazing that I will walk there just to get one of these to go. The mix of ice cream, pumpkin and spices was a perfect blend. It was also very smooth and creamy.

This is a homemade Eggnog Latte. I used the recipe from AllRecipes.com
I subbed regular eggnog for Pumpkin Eggnog. It really tastes similar to the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks but just a little creamier.
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/eggnog-latte/detail.aspx

This is the Pumpkin Eggnog I picked up. The label of "made with Real Pumpkin" cracked me up. I would hope it is made with real pumpkin and not fake pumpkin. Isn't it sad that there are labels like this on our products these days?

This delicious latte is called the Milky Way Caramel Latte. It is from a local San Diego coffee house. They also make a great Mexican Spiced Mocha as well.

My main smoothie has been my Orange C Boost Smoothie.
http://allrecipes.com/personalrecipe/62936281/orange-c-boost-smoothie/detail.aspx
This has a great orange taste that reminds me of an orange Starburst. It is also great to have the extra vitamn C for an immune system boost this time of the year. I have been going through cans of Minute Maid orange concentrate like crazy!

There are many more that I have made or tasted so there may be a part 2 to this post.

 ~MSC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...