Saturday, October 8, 2011

Tips for Making a Cookie Pizza

I have been eyeing this cookie pizza recipe lately and finally decided to make it. 


I scaled the recipe down to half and began whipping up the cookie batter. I love that this is a peanut butter cookie pizza. I added some milk chocolate chips to the batter although the recipe did not call for that. I really can't resist peanut butter and milk chocolate together.


 Using a baking sheet that I sprayed with baking non-stick spray, I formed the cookie dough into a ball and began pressing it out to form my pizza shape.

** Tip # 1: To get a cookie pizza that bakes properly without leaving crunchy thin sides and a gooey underbaked middle, you need to flatten your dough to the thickness of a chocolate chip. Since there are chocolate chips in the cookie dough you can press down until you feel the chocolate chips hit the bottom. (I hope that makes sense.) This ensures that your cookie will bake evenly especially in the middle.

** Tip #2: For outer edges of the cookie pizza, if you leave the edge even with the rest of the cookie, you batter will expand in the oven and therefore give you brown, thin, and crunchy edges. To prevent this (in the photo below) you can see I add extra batter to the edges.






You can see in these photo that the extra dough expanded while baking and in the end made an edge that was even with the rest of the cookie!
I hope these tips help!
~MSC



4 comments:

  1. Mmmmm....how cute!

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! I cannot wait to make the maple fudge this fall. Hoping this comment posts, been trying for days and blogspot and/or my computer has been odd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! That is one adorable super cookie. My favorite things are treats that are mini or super sized. Love the addition of the choco chips too! :)

    P.S. Thanks for the Birthday wishes! <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...