Monday, September 19, 2011

Pumpkin Pie Shake

I found this recipe while browsing milkshake recipes on AllRecipes.com
This poor recipe lacked a photo. I love giving recipes a face so I saved this recipe in my box.
As I was cleaning out my fridge, I found a can of opened pumpkin and evaporated milk. I also knew I had about two scoops of homemade vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Perfect. Pumpkin Pie Shake it is!


This "shake" was a tad on the liquidy side so I am not so sure it qualifies as a shake, but it was fairly tasty to me. I added some extra cinnamon, allspice, and cardamom into the blender. I served this to myself with a dollop of whipped cream on top. This recipe isn't for everyone, you must like pumpkin.



Speaking of ice cream, I found this gorgeous aqua blue Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Scoop at Target! Anyone who knows me knows about my love of aqua blue in the kitchen. I got this on sale for $7.85. I came home and got on eBay to see if there were other aqua blue Kitchen Aid utensils that I didn't know about. They also have a potato masher, whisk, and spatula in aqua blue according to what is listed on eBay. Now I am on the lookout at my local Target stores to find the others. 

~MSC

5 comments:

  1. I am LOVIN' that it is pumpkin season!!:)

    I'm glad you scored some more aqua for your kitchen:)

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A milkshake with pumpkin is a great idea. I'm going to have to try this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Add more ice cream if you want it to be more like a true milkshake, otherwise it is more of a drink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove pumpkin, and this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...