Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fresh Pasta for Dinner Tonight!

 I just finished making this pasta. The recipe is the Eggless Pasta on AllRecipes.com This recipe requires semolina flour which I ran out to buy this morning. The recipe as written was quite dry so I had to add 4 Tablespoons of olive oil and 1 Tablespoon of water to get the correct consistency.

I also added 4 teaspoons of chopped basil to the dough as it was kneading. Trader Joes makes cubes of frozen basil and other herbs that are ready to add to your recipes. I never used them before, but picked them up recently and they worked perfectly with the pasta.


~MSC

4 comments:

  1. YUM!! I want the pasta making attachment for my mixer!:) Let me know how the pasta tastes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fabulous and so jealous! I would love to make fresh pasta..maybe someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just started selling those frozen cubes of herbs, including garlic and ginger root, in my department. I'll have to pick some up. Not sure I'm abitious enough to make my own pasta though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy! They look so perfect and I love the addition of the basil!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...