Monday, September 5, 2011

Caramel Apples 2.0

I got more caramel apples for you. I am on a mission this year to be more creative and try out different caramel apple toppings.


I did make another caramel apple with white chocolate and cinnamon. It is an interesting flavor combination....kinda tastes like an oatmeal cookie. Weird, huh?



 Then I decided to break out my Snickers Bars. I allowed the caramel to set in the refrigerator first. The caramel is still soft and tacky enough that I was able to press the chopped Snickers into the caramel. I drizzled with milk chocolate.



*Tip: Try using a small zip-loc bag such as the sandwich or snack size to pipe your chocolate onto the apple. It makes for an easier clean-up when you are done. *

~MSC

9 comments:

  1. They both look delicious! I'm intrigued by the first one that tastes like an oatmeal cookie - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shut up! Candy apple Snickers, so fabulous! They both look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been loving your candy apple tweets! I need to make that white chocolate cinnamon one--it looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love caramel apples. I like them with nuts too.

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. not sure these still qualify as "fruit" after all this! :) They look delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmm....love the white chocolate and cinnamon combination. What kind of apples do you use? I have a basket of ginger gold in my fridge at the moment and I think this would be the perfect topping for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used both Fiji and Granny Smith Green apples. I also like to use Honeycrisp when them arrive in the fall!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...