Friday, August 12, 2011

Warm Cookie Bottom Sundae

Oh. My. Goodness. This was my dinner tonight. Inspired by the Cookie Bottom Sundae from Ghiradelli's. I was up late a couple of evenings ago and whipped up some chocolate chip cookie batter using this recipe.  

Want to make this?


1.) The first thing you need to do is make the chocolate chip cookie recipe.  Keep in mind these are jumbo cookies, like the size of a CD. To make a jumbo cookie, you need to preheat your oven to 350. Using your measuring cups, scoop 1/2 Cup of cookie dough and roll into a slightly flattened ball. Bake the cookies for 17 minutes until golden in color. Remove from oven and allow to mostly cool.


2.) Plate your cookie and scoop vanilla ice cream onto the middle of the cookie. I made homemade vanilla ice cream but you can use store bought just as well.


 3.) Whip up fresh whipped cream to add on top of the ice cream. I made homemade whipped cream with:
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1 Packet Whipped Cream Stabilizer
2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla


 4.) Sauces. Do not forget the sauces. I had some leftover homemade caramel sauce in the fridge that I used with Smucker's chocolate ice cream topping. I also added some color with the candy coated chocolate chips. When making a sundae, it isn't right unless you add a cherry....or two....or three!

There you have it! A Warm Cookie Bottom Sundae! I am trying to formulate a recipe that will make 4 jumbo warm cookie bottom sundaes. My daughter and I shared this sweet treat tonight and I absolutely licked the plate clean after I took this picture. 

~MSC

5 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...