Friday, August 26, 2011

Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie


I am a huge fan of this recipe for a Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie on AllRecipes.com
I have made this countless times in the past few years and this is the lastest one I made back In June for my sister's graduation party.


I start using a cheap Chefmate pan from Target that sells for less than $4. It is 15 inches across in size and I bought this pan solely for giant chocolate chip cookie making. After greasing your pan, add cookie dough to your pan. In the photo above, I am showing you how I use a cookie scoop to arrange the dough around the pan to make spreading it out easier.


One tip I would like to share with you all is when making a giant cookie,  leave 2-3 inches of room around the sides for expansion. If you fail to leave enough room, your cookie will run over the sides as it baked and make a burnt mess in the bottom of your oven.
To ensure the side don't become crispy or brown as the dough expands, I add extra dough around the sides before baking so there is more dough to move outward thus eliminating a crispy sides.
Make it into an M&M giant chocolate chip cookie by arranging M&M's around the cookie dough before baking. 


 Baked to a beautiful golden color.


Many people wonder how to make a "mall cookie" at home. I figured out the best way to achieve the mall cookie taste is to frost your cookie using 1.) Homemade Buttercream & 2.) Store-bought chocolate frosting such as Duncan Hines Rich Chocolate. You do not want the whipped versions of store-bought icing. 


Once the cookie has cooled, pipe icing onto the cookie to decorate! I have taken these to a variety of parties and both kids and adults alike gobble this down right away. For some reason no one can resist these giant cookies! 


Enjoy!

~MSC

5 comments:

  1. I love those "mall cookies"..lol, and your looks better than any I've seen..yumm! Need to make C something for her first day of school, this would be perfect! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mall cookies! Me and my friends used to eat a whole one between like 4 of us. I was a good time,lol. I love how you make them yourself, so pretty and I'm sure your sister adored it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments, I LOVE these too! I ordered a giant cookie for my baby shower when I had my daughter instead of a cake. They are really very easy to make and everyone big or little seems to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute and great idea to make it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so excited to try this rather than the usual cake or cupcakes. I bought my pan at Target last night. I have a couple of questions though...

    1.) I'm curious as to what recipe you use for the cookie dough. I have one but it tends to me a chewy cookie.

    2.) How many would you say this serves?

    3.) Also, I have a question about what you said, "leave 2-3 inches of room around the sides for expansion. If you fail to leave enough room, your cookie will run over the sides as it baked and make a burnt mess in the bottom of your oven. To ensure the side don't become crispy or brown as the dough expands, I add extra dough around the sides before baking so there is more dough to move outward thus eliminating a crispy sides."

    I'm probably not running on full coffee capacity, but I'm confused as to whether I'm leaving 2-3 inches or adding cookie dough. Can you help a befuddled momma out?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...