Friday, August 19, 2011

Avalanche on a Stick

Strolling along the shops on Coronado the other day, we treated ourselves to this Avalanche on a Stick delight from a chocolate store I spotted. It was the variety of gourmet candy apples that initially pulled me in, but I left with this treat instead. You may be wondering, "What is Avalanche on a Stick?"

Well....it is simple actually. It is a marshmallow that is dipped into caramel, rolled into rice crispies, and drizzled with milk chocolate and white chocolate melted with peanut butter.



Save yourself the money and make one at home. It is very easy and I made these several times in the last few days. Here are most of the ingredients you need....including caramel which is not pictured. I will break down what I did for you.

1.) I skewered 3 full size marshmallows on a Wilton cookie stick.
2.) I whipped up homemade caramel sauce and dipped the skewered marshmallows into it. You can melt Kraft caramels as per directions on the package if you prefer.


3.) Roll into crispies. The treat I purchased was rolled into Rice Krispie cereal. At home, I have the crispies that are used in Nestle Crunch candy bars, so I used those instead. Either type of crispie works.


4.) Melt milk or dark chocolate in the microwave. Pipe over the caramel and crispie layer. I used a snack size Ziploc bag and snipped the corner off for this step.

5.) Melt white chocolate. Mix creamy peanut butter into melted white chocolate until smooth. I also used a snack size Ziploc bag and snipped the corner to pipe onto the treat.


 Refrigerate until set and enjoy! You can easily adjust the amounts to make one as a treat for yourself or enough to take to a party.

~MSC

9 comments:

  1. Oh I love these! And I love the Original's at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo, those look fun! I have a bag of marshmallows and some homemade caramel that NEED to leave my kitchen---as soon as I get home I think I may whip some of these up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if you do make these or post a picture on your blog ot twitter, I would love to see them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lark, does Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory make these? I can't ever get past the caramel apples and Tiger Butter that I don't see or order anything else when I am in one. Thanks for the reeponse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look so yummy! Thanks for sharing. You should submit that recipe to allrecipes.com. I think a lot of people would be interested. Also, I see that you are an "Allstar" too! What do you think of it so far? I find it a little difficult to find recipes to make each month that haven't been reviewed/photographed that don't require me to spend too much extra money at the store. I probably won't be an Allstar next time, but it's been interesting this go around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jihane, thank you for sharing your photo on your twitter account! So cool that you make these! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...