Sunday, July 24, 2011

Peanut Butter Cup Tart

Rich. Very, very rich. It reminds me of a Reese's Cup although the base is a chocolate chip cookie.

  I used this recipe for the chocolate chip cookie portion. First you will need to whip up the cookie batter. Spray your tart pan with a non-stick baking spray. I baked this at 325 degrees for 20-22 minutes. It will become golden brown within the last few minutes in the oven so keep an eye on it.

 This is what it will look like coming out of the oven.



Let the cookie cool down for 10-15 minutes. In the meantime melt a couple of tablespoons of creamy peanut butter in a glass bowl in the microwave. It should take about 15-20 seconds. Stir and set aside. Next, melt about 1/2 cup of milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove, stir, and microwave for a few additional seconds if needed.


I typically use pastry bags for any piping needs, but I decided to try using sandwich bags this time. I took out two snack size sandwich bags putting chocolate in one and peanut butter in the other. Make sure you only snip off a very small corner.


I piped the peanut butter onto the cookie first, then the chocolate going at a different angle. I repeated this set until I piped them on twice each at different angles. Does that make sense?


I have from fresh homemade whipped cream so I used my jumbo cookie scoop to put the whipped cream in the middle of the cookie tart. It adds to the dessert visually but I found it also adds to the taste. You have to understand that this is a rich dessert and the whipped cream in some of the bites helped to lighten the taste.




Feel free to add a dollop of fresh whipped cream to each plate or slice just before serving. I had a little extra peanut butter and milk chocolate so I drizzled more over the whipped cream. You could also add chopped Reese's Cups if you dare.


Enjoy!

~MSC

Linking to Tuesdays At The Table.

12 comments:

  1. This looks super delicious! I see you got your blog figured out, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill! I got help from A Pocket Full of Buttons blogger, she is amazing and came to my rescue, I really owe her this pie if she didn't live across the country from me now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks delish! I love cookie/cakes. And, that white plate---from what I can see it's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! Can't wait to try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I dont like chocolate but that looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that looks delicious. i would love to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG all your food looks amazing and yum!
    i have to try out one of your posts sometime!

    <3 BB

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks absolutely amazing! I wish I had it right now, as a matter of fact!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! I love peanut butter and this dessert looks so delicious. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Darn, now I definitely need to get a tart pan...lol This looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like peanut butter and chocolate heaven. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks amazing!!! :D Your pictures are always beautiful and, of course, your food looks absolutely delicious :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...