Friday, July 1, 2011

New Kitchen Finds



I found a new new things for my kitchen that I am excited about.

1.) Kitchen Aid Salad Spinner: I wasn't really in the market for a salad spinner nor did I think I would ever own one but I am a sucker for the aqua color that matches my Kitchen Aid mixer, blender, and measuring cups. I saw the salad spinners at Costco about a month ago and I managed to pass it up at the time. I went to Costco a couple of days ago and they only had a few left and only one aqua colored salad spinner. It had to be mine. It was $18.99 but it has other uses and would make a great triffle bowl too!





2.) Cuisinart Mini Prep Processor: While I was visiting my family in Iowa the past couple of weeks I used my mom's Kitchen Aid mini processor for crushing Oreos and graham crackers for dessert crusts and I loved it. When I came home I began to research them and I was set to get a stainless steel Kitchen Aid mini processor until I came across the aqua colored Cuisinart one on Amazon. It was $39. I am actually very happy with the Cuisinart and I look forward to using it.



3.) While browsing in Bed Bath & Beyond with my mom while visiting in Iowa, I saw several different styles of coffee cups with saucers. I wanted to get a couple of them for enjoying lattes, hot chocolate, or apple cider at home. I bought two at this time and may go back and purchase more later. Each cup and saucer set was $3.99.

4.) I also bought two small square appetizer plates from Bed Bath & Beyond. Each plate was $1.99. We were recently enjoying a sweet hot honey mustard with pretzels and has to use a larger salad or dinner plate so these appetizer plates really will come in handy.

Have you purchased anything new for your kitchen? If so, what is it?

2 comments:

  1. My KA meat grinder! (I blogged about it). You will love the salad spinner. It is great for spinning berries, too. Just lay a paper towl in first & "spin" gently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip Sweet Apron! As a vegetarian I have no use for the meat grinder but I love the variety of bowls and attachment for the Kitchen Aid mixers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...