Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Master Bedroom

If you would like to see what my room looked like before, visit my YouTube Channel for the before video here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MakingSweetCreations?feature=mhum#p/u/3/kiM1GrIcqPs


These are some of my "after" photos of the room. Basically I have had the same linens for quite a few years and I thought it was time for a change. I actually find comfortable bedding difficult to find. I like something that is washable and soft and more simplistic in color and design.


I browsed websites and went to our enormous Bed, Bath, and Beyond to have a look but nothing caught my eye. Last week at Target I decided to look at their Fieldcrest Luxury line of bedding they always carry and I loved the colors they had. High thread counts, simple and modern colors, and washable! I teetered back and forth between a gray color scheme with yellow, gray, and white pillows but decided to stick with the spa blue colors since I already had curtains of that color. I mixed the gray and blue together and found that to be a satisfying compromise.


In the photo shows my lamp shades before I switched them out. I am loving the extra large silver metallic euro throw pillow which is now on clearance by the way! I paid $40 for it and went to Target just last night and they marked them down to $27. I have learned to always carry my receipts for a while, so I was able to get a price adjustment.


Below is the updated lamp shades. They are the large white modern drum shades from Target. I may eventually switch out the base, but honestly it is totally fine for a while. I would like to find some small mirrors to place behind the lamps on the wall and some silvery accessories. I will come across accessories eventually.


Follow me on twitter:


@BakingByMSC



2 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly!!

    I just watched your youtube channel (I hadn't checked it in a while). You make me laugh!!:)

    Love your new bedding. I have been looking for new bedding for a couple YEARS! I am soooo picky. Everything I want is a gazillion dollars (Pottery Barn), because of course I need all the coordinating pieces;) I may just have to check at Target...

    I hope you are enjoying your summer:)

    ~Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessie, YES, check Target! It cost me about $250 for the sheet set, comforter, shams, lamp shades, throw pillows. Just a divet cover at Pottery would cost you that alone! I was just checking out a set in a similar color in the catalog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...