Sunday, July 31, 2011

Extraordinary Desserts

Myself and two of my friends visited Extraordinary Desserts last Thursday night to indulge ourselves in dessert and talk. We certainly induldged in desserts as we each bought two slices of cake. We got extra plates we could sample each of the slices.



I ordered a chai latte to start off with. 

 My friends both ordered coffee and it came with these brown sugar crystals pictured below.


Ready to get down to the dessert? I know I am. First up is one of the slices that I chose. This is a Torta Misu. Espresso soaked ricotta cake layers and Italian mascarpone rum cream. Served with whipped cream and dusted with cocoa.


This Extraordinary Carrot Cake was surprisingly my most favorite cake of the evening. I tasted some carrot cake along with other amazing textures and flavors that I couldn't pick apart. According to the website it has carrots, golden raisins, orange zest, chunks of pineapple, walnuts, and coconut are enveloped with a light cream cheese mousse.


The Chocolate Macadamia Torte was the second slice that I picked. It was pretty good, but some of the other slices stood out more. It is made from chocolate sponge cakes are painted with dark chocolate ganache, whipped cream, Myers's Rum flavor pastry cream, and roasted macadamia nuts.


This one is called Gianduia. I have no idea what that means but I have been meaning to Google it. It had a great mix of flavors that keep you interesting and guessing. This cake is made from Myer's Rum laced chocolate cake layers are married with hazelnut buttercream, chocolate mousse, boysenberry preserves, and crushed pralines.


My friend's favorite cake of the evening was the Lemon Ricotta. It is made of ricotta cake layers, lemon juice, lemon whipped cream, fresh blueberries and boysenberries. Check out the sauces on this one!


Finally, I couldn't find this one listed on the website but it is a Tiramisa with vanilla cake layers.


We made spectacle of ourselves because we by far had more dessert on our table than anyone else in the packed restaurant.


Leftovers to take home!



I wanted to share these beautiful desserts with you all as well as let you know that I was inspired after coming home from Extraordinary Desserts and I am creating my own Extraordinary Cake. It should be finished up by tonight so check back because I will be sharing it with you all very soon!

~MSC 

6 comments:

  1. I love lemon! The carrot cake looks delish. The place sounds awesome. I wanna go..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your new blog looks fabulous, Kelly!!! I am gonna grab your new button! I hope I can figure my blog out soon...

    Have a great week:)
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Carrot Cake would probably be my favorite too. I also like the changes you made on your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...