Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Espresso Twix

Sorry I made you all wait for this one. Here is the Espesso Twix Dessert I have recently created. My husband suggested that I name this "Espresso with a Twix."

I sampled this dessert at our home when we had company and it went over very, very well. I am making my second one tonight, this time I added two teaspoons of espresso to play with the recipe. The recipe was created by me and it is listed below.







By: MySweetCreations



Caramel:
¼ Cup Water
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Heavy Cream, Scalded
4 Tablespoons Salted Butter
½ Teaspoon Pure Vanilla

Crust:
1 ½ Cups Graham Crackers, Finely Crushed
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
3 Tablespoons Butter

Filling:
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Instant Espresso Powder
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips

Topping:
8 Fun Size Twix Candy Bars
Caramel (Optional)

Directions:
1.) FILLING: In a saucepan on medium heat, combine heavy cream, pure vanilla, and instant espresso powder. Once mixture warms up add milk chocolate chips and continue to whisk until it scalds. (Light bubbling on the side of the pan without letting it boil.) Remove from heat and store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator until very cold, at least 6 hours.

2.) CARAMEL: In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 4 tablespoons of water. Over medium heat, whisk until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a boil, and continue boiling without stirring until the syrup turns a light amber color. While the syrup is boiling, keep a pastry brush and water handy to brush down the sides of the pan to prevent sugar crystals from sticking. Once a faint amber color begins to form, scald heavy cream in the microwave for one minute. Once a light amber color is present, remove saucepan from heat and carefully pour scalded heavy cream in and whisk together. Stir in 4 tablespoons butter and set aside to cool.

3.)CRUST: To make crust melt butter. Add finely crush graham crackers and sugar to the melted butter and mix until crumbly. Press into the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a springform pan. Pour caramel onto the crust and freeze until firm.

4.)ASSEMBLY: Once filling has cooled in the refrigerator for 6 hours, remove and whip at high speed until mixture forms stiff peaks. Remove graham crust with caramel from the freezer and spread filling on top. Chop Twix candy bars and sprinkle across the top. Place prepared dessert back into the freezer until firm, about 6 hours.


Follow me on twitter too!


@BakingByMSC

11 comments:

  1. Ok, this was so worth the wait. It looks awesome! I can't believe you can come up with something like that all on your own, Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am telling you, it just takes some time, but after making a lot of sweet recipes you kinda get the hang of it and can create your own stuff! It does take all day to make between the heating, cooking, cooling of the filling and caramel and THEN waiting for it to freeze solid/firm but it worth the wait. At least it is homemade and well worth it! Trying to steer clear of Cool Whip and pre-made tasting desserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sad I am not in Cali anymore, I would Have ran over to your house for this one...lol Awesome! Adding it to my Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word. SO glad I have no chocolate in the house right now...looks amazing as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like chocolate but that looks to die for! mmmmmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks sinfully delicious. I'll take a slice or two!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dish is very testy, I wonder after testing it, it is superb test with the Heavy Cream and Pure Vanilla combination.
    replacement kitchen doors glasgow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that's what I call a dessert! It looks unbelievably delicious. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! I'm not one for Twix, but this looks pretty irresistible!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like one delicious dessert!!! You should come and enter my cookbook giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh sweet glory, you sure know how to make one yummy dessert. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...