Sunday, July 24, 2011

Cherry Donuts, What Kind Are You Unable To Resist?

I took a lot of photos of the foods I made while I was in Iowa last month as well as my favorite foods special to the area that I can't enjoy in Southern California. I haven't had the time to share them until now. These donuts are one of the foods. They are cherry cake donuts with a white icing from the Asbury Hy-Vee grocery store.

 They don't make them everyday, so I had to special order them while I was there and they called a few days later informing me they had them in and were baking them fresh.




I shared with my family of course, but I know that I ate several of them myself. Cake donuts are my favorite type of donut and usually maple is my preferred flavor which leads to me ask, "What is your favorite donut, the one you can't resist?" 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my...I really am glad I do not have a box of these tempting me right now!
    Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! It made me hungry posting the photos and wishing I could have one. I will have to wait until next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love glazed old fashion donuts, but the ones I can not resist are Bavarian cream...yummm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love glazed donuts! There's a Krispy Kreme outside of my job and sometimes I have to go the opposite direction just so I won't temp myself, lol.

    I also love chocolate glaze cake donuts from Dunkin Donuts. yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KK glazed Kreme filled. Thank GOODNESS there are none in close proximity to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a Dunkin Junkie, so sometimes I'll get a donut to go with my coffee - I always reach for the Boston Creme, but cherry sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Omg! you are helping my diet. lol Now I want a donut! My favorite donut, well actually I have two: powdered donut and KK glaze.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...