Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mexican Spiced Cocoa Mocha

Let me start by saying that I am still here. My daughter and I fly back to Iowa for two weeks each summer to spend time with my family. Yesterday was our first day back home and we spent the afternoon at one of our favorite haunts, The Upstart Crow in Seaport Village in San Diego.


I rarely get something to drink but I was hungary yesterday and I was looking for something to hold me over until we ate. I settled on this delicious Mexican Spiced Cocoa Mocha. I believe I found my new favorite drink.


I knew that I had to go home and recreate this drink as soon as I could. There is something about the rich hot cocoa, cinnamon spice, and espresso that I love so much.


Here is my verision of the drink. This serves one.


Mexican Spiced Cocoa Mocha


3/4 Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Granulated Sugar
1 Tablespoon Dutch Cocoa Powder
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Ounce Chocolate
1/4 Teaspoon Cinnamon

1/3 Cup Water
1 Teapsoon Instant Espresso

1.) Whisk together the ingredients in a saucepan on the stove on medium heat.

2.) Make espresso by heating water and adding espresso in a mug. Add cocoa mixture to espresso and mix together using an Aerolatte frother. Serve with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg on top.








4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and comforting. My boys would love it! I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-10.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hai Dear

    This looks yummy....you have a lovely blog...Please check out my blog..It is for food lovers and person who love to cook..You could find so many recipes that you can easily try at home..I update this blog on a regular basis…So please follow me and motivate me..Thank you
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com

    Aarthi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Man!!! I could have seen you!! I came home last Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good! I hope you had a wonderful trip:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...