Monday, June 27, 2011

Fabulicious!

I've only been home for a couple of days from my two week summer vacation in Iowa to see family, but I am right back into baking and cooking. If you are a new follower, a few posts back I posted photos of myself meeting Teresa Guidice from the Real Housewives of New Jersey. My neighbor and I waited nearly three hours in line at a book signing to meet her and get our "Fabulicious!" cookbook signed.


Tonight I decided to make the Homemade Cheesy Cavatelli on page 62 of the cookbook. I cut the recipe in half and made it with whole wheat flour instead of unbleached all-purpose. It was super easy to make since it is primarily ricotta cheese and flour.

My $2.99 pastry cutter from Target came in really handy for this project. Although the recipe itself is easy, the work is tedious.


I had to cut the dough down, roll it into ropes, cut some more, and then take each piece of pasta and shape with a spoon.


The result was great and it really was more like gnocchi which is okay with me. I also whipped up the Snappy Red Sauce on page 22. If you haven't at least flipped through this cookbook at a store I encourage you to do so. I have made countless recipes in this cookbook in the short time that I have owned it.



8 comments:

  1. Wow-that looks delicious. Did it get too gummy with the whole wheat flour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not gummy at all so I was very pleased with the result. I will be making it again. The cookbook is great whether you watch the Housewives show or not. It is all fresh yet easy enough Italian meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lot of work but well worth it! I like the substitution of whole wheat flour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks absolutely yummm
    first time here..love your space..
    very interesting recipes with inviting clicks..
    Am your happy follower now..:)
    do stop by mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really good and I like how red the sauce is. Teresa is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum that looks great. i have been meaning to pick up one of her books but i am so behind in life.
    xo
    KATY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll have to look into getting that cookbook. I love the Real Housewives! I record it and watch it the next day when my husband isn't around to make fun of me. It's my guilty pleasure! My favorites are New York and New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks fabulous! I do make sometimes a similar recipe from AR called Ricotta Gnocchi. Also, I’m glad to see you are making your own Tomato Sauce, I have been making for years and can't imagine using the ones from the grocery store now. I usually make a big batch and freeze them into individual containers. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...