Saturday, June 4, 2011

Candy Apple Salad

I purchased several large green apples last week with this idea in mind that I was going to make homemade caramel to dip them into. Well, I never got around to doing it and I needed to use them up before they go bad and also because we are going to Iowa for a couple of weeks on Tuesday.






I searched AllRecipes.com for an apple salad. I knew there was a creamy apple salad that used Snickers out there. I didn't have Snickers, but I do have Milky Ways. I decided to create my own apple salad. I decided to call it "Candy Apple Salad" because of the tart green apple, caramel, and chocolate in this recipe. It reminds me of a caramel apple without all of the work.




Candy Apple Salad:




2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream



1 Packet of Whipped Cream Stabilizer



4 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar



2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla



8 Fun Size Milky Way Candy Bars



2 Large Green Apples, chopped



Smuckers Caramel Sauce






1.) Make whipped cream by whipping heavy cream, stabilizer, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until it forms stiff peaks. Set aside.




2.) Chop Milky Way Candy Bars.




3.) Chop green apples and toss into a medium size bowl. Fold in whipped cream and Milky Way Candy Bars. Serve immediately or store covered in the refrigerator. Serve by drizzling Smuckers Caramel Sauce over each serving.




10 comments:

  1. I don't understand the spacing....? I always go back and fix the extra spaces after posting to no avail. My apologies if my posts are weirdly spaced. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious! I've just discovered the pleasure of grape salad this week so apple salad has to be even better. I'd like to invite you to share your recipe on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/06/sweet-indulgences-sunday-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I make this same salad with Snickers Candy bars and a cream cheese! Heaven!
    I will have to try your version as it looks wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lark, I saw a lot of cream cheese, pineapple, and Snickers based salads. All I knew was that I had Milky Way so I was inspired by the Snickers Salad but created my own version. Most recipes call for Cool Whip but I prefer making homemade whipped cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly, I just wrote a blog on how to fix those spacing issues. I hope it works for you! Oh, and your salad looks delicious! I've had that Snickers salad before and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snickers salad-looks like you have a nice ratio there. A friend from church puts 6 regular size bars in hers. Too much snickers, not enough apple in my opinion.
    Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks soo good! I have missed stopping by and seeing all your mouth watering recipes and even more so bummed we never got together in SD. I am back online and back to drooling over your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi!
    I would love for you to come and link up at A Themed Baker’s Sunday, where this week is a sweet theme: Random! Yep, Whatever sweety deliciousness you made this week, you can post!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/06/themed-bakers-sunday-9.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I am still here. I spent a little over two weeks in Iowa with my family. We just got home yesterday and I didn't feel like blogging while I was in Iowa. I took pictures and plan on sharing very soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...