Sunday, May 8, 2011

White Texas Sheet Cake

I came across the White Texas Sheet Cake recipe on AllRecipes.com

It is much like school cafeteria cake that I remember from elementary school. I have been drooling over the recipe for a few days until this morning when I decided to finally make it. It is Sunday, and somewhat cool in the 60's and gloomy. I was in the mood to bake something.


I began by boiling the water and butter together...I know kinda different from a typical cake you might whip together. I guess that is part of what makes this cake recipe more special.

After boiling the water and butter together you add the remaining ingredients into the pan once it is pulled from the heat. The batter is a little thinner than usual, so don't be alarmed. Pour into a greased baking sheet. In my case, I cut the recipe in half, so I used a smaller baking sheet.
I baked the cake in a 13" x 9.5" at 350 for 18 minutes until is came out to a golden perfection.


After whipping up the icing, I sprinkled a combination of these three different types of sprinkles on top of the cake.



I tried the cake slightly warm and it was tasty, but I much prefer cold cake so I tightly wrapped it and tucked it away in the refrigerator for later.
Here is the recipe I used, adapted or cut in half from AllRecipe.com:



White Texas Sheet Cake

½ Cup Water
½ Cup Butter
1 Cup Flour
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
¼ Cup Sour Cream
½ Teaspoon Almond Extract
½ Teaspoon Salt
½ Teaspoon Baking Soda

In a saucepan, bring butter and water to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in flour, sugar, eggs, sour cream, almond extract, salt, and baking soda until smooth. Pour into a greased 13 "x 9.5" baking sheet pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 17-18 minutes or until cake is golden brown and tests done.

Frosting:

¼ Cup Butter
4 Tablespoon Milk
2 ¼ Cup Powdered Sugar
¼ Teaspoon Almond Extract

In a saucepan, combine butter and milk; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add sugar and almond extract; mix well.

Follow me on twitter:



http://www.twitter.com/BakingByMSC










2 comments:

  1. Yummy! I have never heard of white Texas sheet cake. I may have to make that this week! It looks super moist and delicious:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a fine job, MSC. Always beautiful photos and tastefully done. You did a great job on your video on AR. I'd like to know what type of mixer you used on the video and is that your mixer of choice?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...