Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What To Do On A Rainy Day?

A rare rainy morning in Southern California. Now in the evening, it is quite sunny but this morning it rained enough to break out the rubber rain boots. We are suppose to get additional rain tomorrow as well. It is okay with me, if it is going to be gloomy it may as well rain too.



My daughter and I had to run some errands this morning and I have been out of some hair products that I normally use for a little while so I picked up what I needed. We are both getting a haircut/trim tomorrow which is always exciting. My husband calls it a "fresh cut."




My hair is more on the thin side so each morning I must wash and blow dry my hair with the use of products. Then I almost always need to use a curling iron to give it extra volume otherwise my hair will become very flat. I don't mind this routine at all. I guess I am making up for lost time. I never knew how to style my hair until more recent years. I grew up on a farm and then I went into the military. Both were lifestyles which required hard work and sweat and I never learned how to style, or even blow dry my hair properly for that matter, until later.



I forgot about the Redken Hot Sets spray, I haven't used the spray for a while but it helps to set the curls when using a curling iron.


I thought since it was a rainy day it was a good time to play around with my hair. My daughter and I also picked up some new paint for our nails. She picked the purple and I picked the pink.




Follow me on Twitter:





3 comments:

  1. Haha, I got a new cut the following day and I have bangs now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post a picture. I have done the bangs thing several times now & I love the way they look but find I'm always pooping in a barrette to keep them back, especially when I am cooking. I sewed some retro buttons onto bobby pins to make the barrettes cute, though.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...