Sunday, May 1, 2011

Peanut Butter Gem Squares



























There was a time about 3 years ago when I really began to bake frequently and thought to myself, "how the heck do people create their own recipes?!"



I thought that was something I would never be able to do. I found some courage and began creating some recipes over a year ago but really go into it much more recently. If you are a beginning baker and are wondering the same thing, I can only tell you that reading and baking numerous cookie recipes, cheesecake recipes, etc... that you will find many common ingredients. Over time those basic ingredients stick in your mind. With some creativity, you can switch up the measurements and ingredients to create your own recipe.



When I create a recipe from scratch, I pull up Microsoft Word on my laptop and begin. As I add ingredients to my mixer I type in what I've used, otherwise I won't remember later. It helps me to visually see where I am and perhaps what I forgot.

Here is my recent recipe I created. I decided to call them:

Peanut Butter Gem Squares

1 Cup Butter, Softened
½ Cup Brown Sugar
¾ Cup White Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla
1 Teaspoon Salt
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
2 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour
½ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
½ Cup M&M’s

1.) Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2.) Mix softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add eggs one at a time and vanilla.
3.) Sift salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour together and slowly add to batter until well mixed. Add creamy peanut butter until incorporated. Add chocolate chips.
4.) Grease a medium sized baking sheet and drop spoonfuls of batter onto cookie sheet and gently spread the batter across the cookie sheet. Gently press M&M’s into the top of the cookie batter and bake for 25 minutes or until light golden in color.







1 comment:

  1. I don't think I have the brain capacity to create recipes, lol. That's why I am in awe of people like you. I'll just stick to making the magic you post, and these peanut butter squares look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...