Monday, May 16, 2011

Making Homemade Snickers, Part Two

Okay, so this is part two of the making the Snicks, aka Snickers. In the late afternoon I came back and whipped up the peanut butter nougat type layer. It was a tad sticky, but dried fast so I needed to work efficiently to work it out across the carame/peanut layer.



I found the best way to go about it was to use a cookie scoop to drop the mixture across the caramel/peanut layer. Then I used a smooth edged butter knife to spread the mixture evenly.



I used my pastry cutter to cut the candy into fun size bars. This was very easy, I highly recommend using the pastry cutter for this step.


I enjoyed making this recipe because unlike truffles and many of ther candies I dip into chocolate, this required no refrigeration or freezing to set before dipping. The caramel is soft and buttery with peanuts in it, but firm enough that it holds its shape. I began the tempering process of milk chocolate for my final step.



After tempering I began to dip the bars into the milk chocolate. These bars were by far the easiest thing I have ever dipped into chocolate. They came off of my dipping tool easily and without making a mess.




Unfortunately my chocolate dipped Snicks are super tasty but sporting a major sugar bloom. The upside is the bars taste great, they just have the white streaks all over them....kinda bums me out, but I only dipped 15-18 of the bars and I still have many left that I will dip at a later time.




Follow me on twitter:

















7 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!! YUM! I have to make these for sure!!! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your candy looks amazing, as usual! Where did you get your dipping tool? I've never seen one of those before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dianne, it is by Wilton and you can get them at Michaels. You can also purchase metal tools as well. Mine is plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would eat these all & hide what I didn't finish from my family. Yum! I may pick up one of those tools at the Wilton Tent sale-next month!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you made these. How great! I'm going to have to try this one of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sinful Sundays! They taste like a Snickers too! You can find the Candymaking book at the book store, but I bought mine brand new on eBay a couple of years ago. It is by Ruth Kendrick. It is all about candymaking from scratch, lots of recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...