Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream

A few days ago I needed to use some milk and heavy cream that was going to expire soon. Of course ice cream is the first thing that comes to my mind. The last couple of times I made ice cream it was either vanilla or cake batter. I decided I wanted to go with chocolate to mix it up.




I am a David Lebovitz fan and have been since he taught me how to make ice cream without an ice cream maker. I highly recommend his instruction if you are interested in making ice cream without an ice cream maker. Here is how:








I bought a Kitchen Aid Ice Cream Attachment for my Kitchen Aid so I use that all the time and never make it by hand anymore. It is very rewarding to make your own ice cream, especially if you are abl to create or use an excellent recipe.












It is possible I may have added more chocolate. When I opened my enormous bag of Ghiradelli's chocolate I bought at Costco several months ago I just started adding handfuls of it. At least in my book, you can never have too much chocolate.





Try melting some creamy peanut butter in the microwave and add as a topping. C'mon! Who doesn't love peanut butter and chocolate?



Follow me on Twitter!



http://www.twitter.com/BakingByMSC















4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, my husband would go crazy over this! I didn't even know you could make ice cream without an ice cream maker! Thank you for the link:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Victoria, the technique really works. I made ice cream countless times that way until I found my Kitchen Aid Attachment, brand new nonetheless on Craigslist for $40! I used a large round Wilton cake pan and pouring my ice cream mixture in that. I would take it out every 20 - 30 minutes and mix using my electric hand mixer. You keep repeating this until it forms into ice cream. For me, it usualy took 3-5 times of removing it from the freezer and mixing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks really decadent. I want to try to make lavendar infused ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yummmm. i thought for a second that your PB was caramel (which is delish), but chocolate and PB ice cream is the BEST!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...