Friday, May 13, 2011

Coconut Parfaits

I came across this recipe for Coconut Parfaits on AllRecipes.com I made a few minor changes to it, which is below for those who are interested. I have had a hankering for something coconut lately, like a coconut cream pie. The problem with the pie is it takes time and I will likely end up tossing half of it away since I am the only one who would eat it.


This recipe actually had a couple of harsh ratings on AllRecipes. The reviewers claimed it wasn't smooth but grainy. Unless you are unable to follow directions or boil sugar and water together there is nothing grainy about this recipe. You are basically making a simply syrup and adding vanilla and shredded coconut. Then, you make homemade whipped cream and blend the two together. I pumped up the flavor by adding some highly concentrated coconut oil. The end result is a smooth texture with shredded coconut to chew on. It is like a single serving of coconut cream pie without the work! I added extra whipped cream and a cherry on top.





Coconut Parfait (Adapted from AllRecipes.com to suit my tastes!)


Ingredients

6 tablespoons Water
3 tablespoons Sugar
1/2 cup Flaked Coconut
1 1/2 teaspoons Vanilla

4 drops Lorann Gourmet Coconut Oil


1 cup Whipping Cream

4 tablespoon Powdered Sugar

1 teapsoon Vanilla


Directions


1.)In a saucepan over medium heat, bring water and sugar to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 10 minutes. Stir in coconut, coconut oil and vanilla. Cool to room temperature.


2.)Make whipped cream with heavy cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla by whipping until peaks form.


3.) Fold cooled coconut mixture and whipped cream together. Pour into 2 dessert dishes and freeze at least one hour.




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE coconut! When I saw your picture and review on AR this morning I couldn't believe how easy it is to make it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...