Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cinnameg Chocolate Milkshake

Introducing my Cinnameg Chocolate Milk.

Obviously it gets its name from the cinnamon and nutmeg that I added. I happen to be a big fan of cinnamon, nutmeg or anything in that spice family.


I had to urge to bake or create something but I am fresh out of granulated sugar. I know! I can't believe it either! How can a baker, lover of chocolate and anything sweet be out of sugar? So I had this homemade chocolate ice cream in my freezer begged to be used for something. I had another ice cream cake in mind but I don't have a chocolate cake mix and again....I am out of sugar and left unable to whip one up. I settled for making a milkshake instead.


Here is my mess and the recipe:



Cinnameg Chocolate Milkshake



2 Cups Chocolate Ice Cream
¼ Cup Milk
1 Tablespoon Cocoa Powder
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
½ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

Throw the ingredients into your blender and mix.




I was pleased with the results because it was nice and thick. I despise milky milkshakes that have almost as much milk as ice cream. I recently had a chocolate shake at Cold Stone Creamery and all I can think about was how thick and creamy the ice cream was and that was what I was striving for here.



You can enjoy this with a straw or eat it with a spoon, your choice.

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, I love chocolate milkshakes and your idea of spicing things up is just my style. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...