Saturday, May 28, 2011

Busy Day In The Kitchen

I had a very busy day in the kitchen. I can't even begin to count how many times I have washed my Kitchen Aid mixing bowls and baking sheets. The day started off with me making Whoopie Pies. I had extra cream filling for the center so I used this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Whoopie-Pies-VII/Detail.aspx?prop31=2



It love the recipe, but these are best fresh so I cut the recipe in half so I wouldn't have as many laying around. Cutting the recipe in half, I get 12 very large whoopie pie cookies which when sandwiched together, I get 6 large treats!


After meeting Teresa Guidice from The Real Housewives of New Jersey a couple of days ago I have been flipping through her cookbook like crazy. Yesterday I made Rustic Italian Loaf Bread with the Olive Juice Breath Bath. Today, I decided to make homemade pasta from the cookbook.
I have been meaning to make homemade pasta for quite some time. I received the Kitchen Aid pasta roller and spaghetti cutter attachments for my mixer a couple of years ago and today was the first time I used them. I really enjoyed this and look forward to making pasta on a regular basis from now on.

Seriously. What is better than fresh pasta? It only takes 2 minutes in a pan of boiling water before it is ready to eat.

Finally, I made my MySweetCreations Peanut Butter Cookie Pie for a freind to take to a picnic tomorrow. I made it using fresh homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. Here is the recipe if you are interested in it. I had it published on AllRecipes.com: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/MySweetCreations-Peanut-Butter-Cookie-Pie/Detail.aspx?prop31=1



Follow me on twitter:



http://www.twitter.com/BakingByMSC




4 comments:

  1. You are a beast in the kitchen! Your homemade pasta looks awesome as does that pie!! Sounds like it was a fun and productive baking/cooking day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-that pasta looks soooo good. DId you dress it with a marinara & shaved Parm?
    I have yet to use my Pasta equip., too. Just feels like daunting task with a 2 year old underfoot.
    How long did it take from start to end?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Sweet Apron, just sauce and shaved parm. It actually wasn't hard at all. Pretty easy. In my opinion my least favorite part is trying to separate the pieces of fresh pasta and dusting them enough to ensure they don't stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks completely delicious! I've yet to attempt fresh pasta but, you sure did make it look easy. I'll have to give it a try.

    Just ran across your blog today and it's just lovely! I look forward to visiting often :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...