Friday, April 29, 2011

What I Made This Week

I haven't baked much this past week, I just have a few random things to share...


I dipped some marshmallows into tempered milk chocolate. Try sticking a Wilton lollipop stick into them for easier dipping and eatting.

I had some leftover truffle fondant leftover so I made a few more vanilla butternut truffles. I dipped these into tempered milk chocolate as well. Milk chocolate is my most favorite chocolate!


Large flats of strawberries can be found at all grocery stores in Southern California. I bought a 4 pound flat of them earlier this week. Remembering my childhood on the farm, my mother always cut our strawberries up and sprinkled granulated sugar on them, so that is what I decided to do with our strawberries. I have been eating them plain and they are very sweet and tasty, but I whipped up some fresh whipped cream for them today...even better!



I made these Passion Bars a few days ago. The recipe can be found on AllRecipes.com

They were surprisingly quite tasty and were packed with sweetness and saltyness! A perfect blend!



I bought a loaf of ciabatta bread from Trader Joes and decided to make Caprese Sanwiches for lunch. The sandwich is made with balsamic vinegar, fresh mozzarella, basil, and tomatos. Very fresh and delicious!










1 comment:

  1. I like those passion bars too. The strawberries look delicious. My mom always puts sugar on them too. She then lets them sit in the fridge for a few hours and it creates a syrup. You can serve the strawberries and syrup on angel food cake or pound cake. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...