Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tiger Butter

I had the chance to make some Tiger Butter last night. The first time I tasted Tiger Butter was at the Denver Airport. That beautiful Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory Store caught my eye and Tiger Butter is what I purchased. Anytime I am passing through the Denver I always run over and grab a chunk a Tiger Butter during my lay over.

I made these using:


12 ounces white chocolate

1/4 cup creamy peanut butter

2 ounces milk chocolate.


I lined a small baking sheet with wax paper and began melting my white chocolate. Once melted at 115 degrees, I added my peanut butter to the white chocolate. The peanut butter helps to bring them temperature back down which is great since I was tempering my chocolate. Once the mixture of white chocolate and peanut butter cooled down to about 85-86 degrees, I poured it into my baking sheet.


I also tempered my milk chocolate while waiting for the white chocolate mixture to cool, so I piped several lines of milk chocolate across the mixture and took a smooth edged knife to drag the milk chocolate to create the swirls.

I made mine smooth just like Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory's. Many recipe I came across had too much semi-sweet or dark chocolate or incorporated rice crispies or peanuts.

Because I tempered this, it requires no refrigeration. Very easy, very rewarding to your taste buds.

19 comments:

  1. These look so good! It seems a great combination white chocolate and peanut butter. I was at Denver airport just last week and I wish I had seen this store, I would love to give this a try. Are you going to make a video about how to make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rocky Mtn Choco Factory, my fav is in Old Sacramento. Never bought this there tho...now thinking I want it! Thanks for the recipe...yours looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Rose, yes, I filmed myself making this. I will probably post in a day or two. There are Rocky Mountain Chocolare Factory locations all over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Tiger Butter!

    And I am surprised at how many have never heard or tried it before!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of tiger butter before. I'm going to have to try it. It looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DELICIOUS looking!!!! You should sell this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to make this for the longest time but I keep forgetting. Thanks for reminding me. Yours looks awesome with all those swirls. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of Tiger Butter! But oh my does it look sinful. I love peanut butter and chocolate together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know Tiger Butter was so easy! Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! It looks delicious! And so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so easy! Great recipe.

    I'd like to invite you to share this recipe on my linky, Sweet Tooth Friday. I hope to see you there. http://alli-n-son.com/2011/04/14/chocolate-birds-nests/

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are beautiful! Thanks for the detailed instructions. I'm trying these. These will actually be the perfect dessert come fall and we all gather to watch Missouri Tiger Football.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks "to-die-for"! We'd love to invite you to come on by and link it up, if you wish to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS "Easter Cookies & Treats"

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/04/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-25.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Your tiger butter made the Top 5 for last week's Sweets for a Saturday and will be featured this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. yum! what a stunning dessert. i can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a eye pleasing result! Those would make really cute gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks soooo good. I'd have trouble not eating it all in one sitting. YUM!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the recipe. I had this for the first time today. The woman at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory said it was caramel and peanut butter though but this looks exactly the same. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...