Saturday, April 30, 2011

Fresh Lemon Cheesecake

My neighbor and friend have been walking up steep residential streets this past week. During one of our walks, we stopped to pick some lemons from a tree. I have been wanting to make a lemon cheesecake for some time so this was my opportunity. I must tell you that these lemons were the most fresh and juiciest lemons I have ever had.


I originally wanted to include the recipe I came up with in this post but I am not happy with the end result. I actually forgot to put some sour cream or yogurt into the cheesecake.




I used my juicer for the lemons and poured 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice into the cheesecake mixture as well as a tablespoon of fresh lemon zest. I thought the cheesecake was lacking the lemon punch I was looking for so I still need to tweak the recipe before sharing.


What I did love is the crust I came up with....a whole bunch of Nilla Wafers and ground giner and cinnamon. I like that this flavorful yet light crust went up the sides of the pan, something I intended to do with this cheesecake. I also liked the addition of fresh homemade whipped cream for the top which balances out the flavorful crust and lemony cheesecake. I promise to share the recipe once I change it in the near future.

You can follow me on twitter here:

http://www.twitter.com/BakingByMSC














9 comments:

  1. Yum. Lemon is always a hit-the ginger is a great pairing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good, and we all at some time have left something out in a recipe. lol :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum. I like lemon anything. Cant wait to see the perfected version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your right Lark, we all do that once in a while, but I really get upset when I do that. I feel like I wasted all of those ingredients. I ate a few pieces, but it wasn't the consistency that I was going for and I will likely end up tossing most of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You were in the top 6!!! Glad you could come and join this week. Hope to see you this next week with our new theme: CHOCOLATE!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/05/themed-bakers-sunday-3.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a brand new springform pan for a while but have never used it. This looks so good, can't wait to see your recipe.
    Where did you get your small size springform pan? I saw the little pie you made on your video... it would be perfect for me since I'm the only one here with a sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I gave up sugar...cheesecake was not something I was willing to give up on completely...I LOVE cheesecake!! When you come up with a 'perfect' cheesecake recipe, please pass it on...the lemon is definitely what makes a cheesecake for me...since I have lost my desire for sweets. The tanginess of the lemon flavor...YUM!!!!! I am not a fan of the rich cheesecakes made with sweetened condensed milk (anymore...b/c of all the sugar)...I do however like the really thick textured cheesecakes...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having my linky party again and this week is cheesecake! Hope you'll link this recipe or any other cheesecake recipes!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/05/themed-bakers-sunday-5.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...