Tuesday, April 19, 2011

French Bread Rolls

I decided to make some bread this morning so this is the recipe I chose to make:





The french bread rolls turned out pretty good. No problems and I am gaining more confidence with my breadmaking.


They turned out nice and fluffy inside. The did lack flavor despite my adding of a over a tablespoon of honey to the recipe, but I decided to use some of them rolls to make a grilled cheese sandwich. I used a bread knife to slice the roll in half. It actually turned out great and you can guess what I am having for lunch again tomorrow!

While waiting for my bread to rise this morning, I was looking at my basil plant. Sometimes I buy them having great ideas of using the basil and never get around to using it and eventually I have to toss it. I decided caprese on a stick would make a great, healthy snack.


I bought some marinated fresh mozzarella balls from Trader Joes. I sliced them in half and sandwiched two pieces of basil and a tomato between the halves. I drizzled a light amount of balsamic vinegar on them.



Fresh AND easy.


Follow me on twitter:














8 comments:

  1. I want to make bread one day. I need to get the courage! That grilled cheese---YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these rolls look so good! I have been making my own bread for a long time, but I use a bread machine, I've never done without the bread machine.
    Your tomato, basil and mozzarella sticks look delicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be right over! Caprese salad is my ultimate weakness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caprese IS great, isn't it? A weakness of mine too Sweet Apron.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rose, I never used a bread machine before. I rarely make bread, but over time I would like to make more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started a blog hop and I'd love for you to come and link up one of your great recipes!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOO those rolls look so yummy!
    I am hosting a linky party at my blog called A Themed Baker's Sunday! Where the theme is LEMONS!!! I would love it if you joined with either a new lemon recipe or an older post of one!! I'm uber excited to see what you have in store!!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/04/themed-bakers-sunday-2.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog and the rolls look so good and the caprese, I could not pass up! I have a little blog and would love if you would check it out!
    cupcakeswithsprinkles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...