Monday, April 18, 2011

Dairy Queen Knock-Off

This is a homemade version of the "Peanut Buster Parfait" from Dairy Queen and it is spot on is you ask me. I haven't had one of the parfait's from Dairy Queen since I was a small child, but it tasted like what I remembered from my past.

I made this "Buster Bar Dessert" from AllRecipes.com. Here is the link to the recipe:



I made a few minor changes...I opted to make my own homemade creamy vanilla ice cream instead of using store bought. I also cut the recipe down and assembled this in a springform pan instead of a 9X13 pan.


If you decide to make this, do not wimp out and use store bought fudge sauce, you MUST make the fudge in this recipe! It was really amazing! I plan on making more of the fudge tonight and we had a lot leftover since I sized down the recipe so I used some of it to pipe across the whipped cream layer.


We also heated it and drizzled more across our slice and added extra spanish peanuts just before serving! This is heavenly!

6 comments:

  1. Shut up! OMG I could so use that sugar high right now! Have had the packers at my house all morning. Trying to keep the girls and dog in one bedroom out of the way is a challenge...SOS send sweets...lol This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My Aunt is a Buster Bar fanatic-must make for her July birthday! Looks beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I'm on a "no sugar diet" right now, but can't wait to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks delicious!!! I can't believe you made practically everything, including the ice cream, from scratch. Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite things to eat is ice cream cake so I'm bookmarking this! Warmer weather is coming my way great time to eat this. BTW your pics are great! I'm so glad I just found your blog from a linky party I'm following you now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I MUST MAKE THIS!!!
    So, like sweet as sugar cookies, I have decided to do linky party, but this one it themed! I'd like to invite you to stop by and link up your themed treat! This week's theme is strawberries! Can't wait to see what you're bringing!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/04/bakers-monday.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...