Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cupakes & Peanut Butter Pie

I am open for business...well...almost. I am still working on getting business cards. The only problem I am running into is the wide selection of designs available and I can't be quite indecisive for details so I am not helping myself much. I also kicked around the idea of creating a MySweetCreations website and providing the link to local customers where I can post photos of prices of what I am available to make.

These babies are cream filled cupcakes with chocolate ganache on top. I reserved some cream filling and used it to pipe on the swirl which works very well.

I made these for a customer today along with the Peanut Butter Cookie Pie below. I am loving these brown boxes for the cupcakes!

Just need to order more stickers...and some better looking ones too. These were stickers I had made for a bake sale I participated in.

Once again, the Peanut Butter Cookie Pie. I opted to use all fresh homemade whipped cream in this recipe instead of Cool-Whip. Either one works just as well.
Follow me on Twitter:




14 comments:

  1. AMAZING as usual! Wish I wasn't moving now that your starting a biz! I will definitely help get your name out when ready to all my SD peeps and connections :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delicious! good luck with your business decisions - that is all very exciting!
    do you have a recipe you like for the cream filling, or is it just whipped cream? I haven't been able to find a recipe I like. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!!

    I have the same brown cupcake boxes;) I like to tie different color ribbon around tops of them and attach a business card. I have been using lavendar, pink, or turquiose ribbon lately ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of the ribbons, but I was going to use my stickers to seal the boxes, but I think sometimes people like to peek inside and see what it looks like when they pick it up. I am still working on the business cards....too many decisions, but I will narrow it down soon. Great ideas Jessie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tie the ribbons around the front so it still opens without a fuss;) And I forgot...mine are the brown window boxes. But, I find that the boxes are sooo expensive:( (unless you buy 100!!! at a time) Where do you purchase yours? I order mine from BRP Box.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you MSC! Love your blog and all your beautiful pics. Too bad I live in OH. (Jabberwokky from AllRecipes)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look wonderful! I need a good resource for boxes, too, so will check out BRP Box. Packaging is everything. Make sure that you check out laws for your state re: food handling, sales, etc. especially if you are advertising on a site. Sooo excited for you! If I lived closer, I would buy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These cupcakes look fantastic!!! I wish we lived close so I could order some too! Keep up your great work, I'm sure your business will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right now I am just baking for those nearby...from word of mouth. I am not advertising, just will have some business cards to pass to people I know. Right now I am able to purchase nice boxes from a local cake and candy store that is locally owned. They basically purchase a wide variety of the boxes from the wholesale sites and re-sell. I can get a box from $35 - $1.50 depending on what I need.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you! I don't even know you and I am proud of you. Hope it makes you millions:) P.S. I made these Faux Hostess cupcakes this weekend too. I love them all but the filling. Would love your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh. I wish I hadn't seen those gorgeous creme filled cupcakes of yours...wow, I think I'm drooling! I'd love for you to stop by and visit my blog sometime, www.icantstopcrafting.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love those stickers. Where did you get them done?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...