Friday, April 15, 2011

Crossing Whoopie Pies Off My List

Yep.....I never made whoopie pies until tonight. Although I bake quite a bit there are many things I have yet to make. There seems to be a whoopie pie craze lately so I thought it was time I give it a try. This is the recipe I used for the chocolate cookie portion: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Whoopie-Pies-VII/Detail.aspx

I used two different types of fillings. I had some leftover cream from making "Hostess" cupcakes so I filled some of them with that and I also whipped up some sort of salted buttercream type filling as I was began to throw ingredients together!



I used a medium sized cookie scoop and didn't expect them to expand as much as they did. They are jumbo sized whoopie pies but I actually kind of like them that way. Plus, I ended up with 10 of them which is more than enough, instead of numerous smaller pies.


Fresh out of the oven...

...once cooled use a piping bag with pipe your cream onto the cookie. Make sure to put an extra ring on cream on the outer edge of the cookie.

2 comments:

  1. yum!!! looks a lot like my kitchen counter-but mine is minus the delicios whoopie pies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, Kelly! Also, I just saw the picture and your review on AR of your Buster Bar Dessert, it looks fantastic! I'm thinking about making it soon. Thanks for always sharing your ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...