Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Still Here...


Sorry I have been missing lately. I haven't been feeling the greatest due to some autoimmune issues I have. I haven't been in the mood to bake much lately. It doesn't help when I have a loss of appetite...none of my beloved sweets can even tempt me during these times. I was incrediby bored the other evening and I created the pie pictured above. I guess I am calling it my "Chocolate Spice Pie." Not too creative, but let me know if you can come up with a better name. It is an Oreo based crust, a cream cheese, powdered sugar, chocolate, and homemade whipped cream pie with cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg spices.


This is an ice cream recipe I made from AllRecipes.com


I have been craving garlic spinach which one of our favorite sides to order at our Chinese restaurant so I decided to create it at home based on the taste from the restaurant. I think it is pretty close...or good enough and I have been making this a couple of times a week.


I have been eating a lot of Greek Grilled Cheese sandwiches. You can find the recipe on AllRecipes.com but it is basically your classic grilled cheese with chopped red onion, tomatos, and crumbled feta added to the inside. I also slice off a small piece of feta cheese and grill it on the side, which if what you see pictured on the left of the plate. Grilling feta really brings out the flavor of the cheese. I like to slice extra tomato and onion to eat with the grilled feta.



Lastly, I made these cookie dough cupcake with buttercream last week for a Dr. Suess themed playdate. I am not a expert decorator, my style is more simple so I opted to decorate with the colors of Cat in the Hat.





5 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, Kelly! I sure missed your blogs lately and hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better, Kelly ☺ Everything looks amazing! I will certainly be trying that grilled cheese, and the spinach makes me long for summer when we grow it in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rest up & feel better. The grilled feta looks sooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon! Despite not feeling well, you still make the yummiest-looking food. Get lots of rest and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comments and well wishes. I don't feel well almost everyday, but the last week or so it has been worse than what I normally experience plus I just had some dental work done...definately spending the rest of the day on the couch now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...