Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day Treats

I managed to make these brownies last night in between the pain. I went to dental to have some work done because I experienced sudden and kinda intense teeth sensitivity but the work caused a lot of pain in the muscles and tissues in my jaw and cheek. I would often stop mixing and sit and on the kitchen floor and rock myself until the pain would pass...pretty dramatic but true. At least the sensitivity is gone and what I feel now will pass soon too.



I mentioned in my past post I haven't been in the mood to bake much lately, but last night despite the pain I was in the mood. I was taking my daughter to a St. Patrick's Day potluck playdate and in MySweetCreation's fashion, I bring the sweets.
These are brownies with a green buttercream frosting and tempered milk chocolate piped on top. The recipe is the Luck O' Irish Brownies from AllRecipes.com
The green buttercream is suppose to be peppermint flavored but I didn't have any, so I used vanilla. I opted to make this recipe in my springform pan instead of a 9x13. I refrigerated it and then used a flat edged knife to smooth out the green buttercream after it was cool to give it a better appearance. I also opted to temper milk chocolate to pipe over the top instead of the semi-sweet chocolate layer the recipe came with because some mentioned it was difficult to cut.

I also made The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies and Sugar Cookie Icing from AllRecipes.com
These are one of my favorite kind of cookies. A little time consuming but totally worth it. I got started and made the dough before my dental appointment. I was able to roll the dough out in the afternoon and bake them. I iced them in the evening. This icing is the kind that dries smooth and glossy, but they need to sit out and dry overnight before you can move or stack them.








This is just a couple of the things from the St. Patrick's Day potluck. All of the food was great and everything was very green or St. Patrick's Day themed in color. I drank green milk and juice, snacked on green pasta, mac and cheese, grapes, and even green french bread!

You can follow me on twitter here:

http://www.twitter.com/BakingbyMSC





5 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better soon! Everything looks delicious - do you pipe the icing on the cookies? thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa, I use a small smooth edged butter knife to push the icing around the cookie. If the cookie cutout has more detail, then I use a pastry paint brush to paint the icing on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh sweetie I hope dental can figure out how to help your pain. Those sweets look so yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies and cakes are so pretty. They definitely look tempting. My dentist and dietician would probably go crazy if I eat something like this. Hehe! But how would they find out, anyway? My family celebrates St. Patty's day by baking cookies and cupcakes, and giving cakes to our neighbors, who we all love. But that's a trade secret kept from my dentist and dietician..LOL!

    Jesse Hake

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...