Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Reese's Cheesecake

I decided to create my own cheesecake a few nights ago. I decided to make a Reese's Peanut Butter Cheesecake since I had plenty of Reese's Cups on hand.




This baby has an Oreo cookie crust, rich peanut buttery cheesecake filling with chopped Reese's Cups and topped with milk chocolate ganache.


I made some homemade whipped cream to pipe on to and added more chopped Reese's Cups.




I reserved some extra milk chocolate ganache to drizzle across each slice. Here is the recipe created by me:


Crust:
1 ½ Cup Oreos, crushed
2 Tablespoons Butter, melted

Cheesecake:
3 8 ounce packages cream cheese
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup White Sugar
4 Eggs
2 Teaspoons Pure Vanilla
¼ Cup Heavy Cream
1 ¼ Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
10 Full Size Reese’s Cups

Topping:
½ Cup Heavy Cream
¾ Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
Whipped Cream
Reese’s
Roasted Peanuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350. Crush Oreos. Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl and add crushed Oreos and mix until moistened. Pour into a 9” springform pan and pat crust down firmly and set aside.
Mix cream cheese, brown sugar and white sugar together. Add eggs one at a time incorporated. Add in vanilla, heavy cream and peanut butter until well mixed. Chop Reese’s Cups and add to mixture and pour into the springform pan and bake 20 minutes at 350. Turn down oven to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 40 minutes. Turn off oven, crack oven door open and allow cheesecake to rest in the oven until it cools off.





16 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I hope that you are feeling better. Tooth pain is NO fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, my husband would go nuts if I made this for him! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fantastic! I haven't been eating any sweets in a while because I've been training so hard... but this looks heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessie, I am okay now. I had some sudden sensitivity so I had to go to the dentist but I think having my mouth open so long caused some intense spasms in my jaw, muscle in my cheek which was very painful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't been in the mood for sweets lately, so 90% of this cheescake is still in the fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here is the link for my YouTube Channel, you can view my Part I & II videos on this cheesecake: http://www.youtube.com/user/MakingSweetCreations?feature=mhum

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness this looks so delicious! I am torturing myself looking up chocolate treats (I have up chocolate for Lent) but hey only one more hour and I can eat it again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy heaven this looks amazing! I'm looking forward to seeing the recipe once you've corrected it. In any case, it looks good enough to lick the plate in my opinion. I saw your link on Sweets for a Saturday. I also posted my recipe for whole-wheat bread...not as sweet, but less sinful than yours :p

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous!! Can you gain weight from licking a computer screen? I may have a proven fact, because I just gained 5 pounds....
    Awesome photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *drooling* seriously, though. This looks out of control good. I'd love for you to link this up to my sweet treats party this weekend! It's open through tomorrow night,
    hope to see you there!
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Reeses and cheesecake together? That sounds dangerously delicious! I'd love for you to come and share this delectable cheesecake and any of your favorite recipes at These Chicks Cooked Recipe Spotlight. Have a blessed day :)
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks unbelievable! Defintely going to have to put this on my list of things to make very very soon!! I'm also your newest follower. I'd love for you to pop into my site sometime as I'm hosting a link party and would love you to link up a recipe or two sometime!

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll take a slice or two of that, please! Beautiful presentation! I can't wait to make these and your hostess cakes! I am your newest follower :)

    Check out my blog and follow back if you like!

    http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh glory, that cheesecake defies all delicious description. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dreamy. I've been wanting to make peanut butter cheesecake and now you've gone and enabled me. Thanks a lot:).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...