Monday, March 7, 2011

Homemade Pop Tarts


I recently came across a recipe which I found on AllRecipes.com
The recipe is actually called" Home Made Top Tarts." I also recently saw The Cheeky Kitchen's blog and her homemade pop tarts and finally got the opportunity to try them out.


I will include the link for the recipe at the bottom of the post.


These really grew on me, but first you should know they are very easy to make, although they may not look like it. You use store bought pie crust. I bought a two pack of Pillsbury pie crust for $1.75. I already had some seedless strawberry jam at home that I used for the filling. I was intially put off that they were a little flaky, but I enjoyed them much more the following day.


Here is the link for the recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Home-Made-Top-Tarts/Detail.aspx?prop31=1
You can also follow me on Twitter:

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I saw a recipe once with a flakier pastry, but I think I like the idea of pie crust better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look heavenly! Can't wait to make these and try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute! I haven't seen that recipe yet. I'll have to have a looksie ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. New post! Those pop tarts look so delicious that I get insane cravings every time I look at your blog & see that picture. Yum-I think the pie crust must make them sooo good. I wonder if I could swap out the dough I use for kolackys??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Pop Tarts look fabulous, I saw a restaurant that made these on Food Network and I was thinking about trying to make these as well. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. totally yum. i've also seen these on other blogs, i've never tried them... but seeing yours here today... i want to!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now for some crazy reason, I'm willing to bet these are better than pop tarts ;) I would love it if you would share these on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday. They look delicious!

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/05/sweet-indulgences-sunday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy yum .... how pretty, how delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want your pop-tarts. Forget those store bought ones. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...