Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ghiradelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop

I don't stop by Ghiradelli's Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop as much as I once did when we lived downtown. This place is located in the popular Gaslamp District of San Diego and is hopping any night of the week and during the weekends.

I love these cute tables on the outdoor patio. As soon as you walk inside, you will be greeted by a hostess with a free sample of chocolate. Typically the sample is the milk chocolate with caramel squares but sometimes they change it up and offer something different.


They recently did some light remodeling and added this table which allows you to mix and match your own chocolates. They have a new flavor which is caramel latte so I grabbed a few of those to try.

Checking out the artwork on the walls while we were waiting for our ice cream treat! My daughter and I ordered the Rocky Road Sundae. Next time I am trying to Peanut Butter Chocolate Sundae.

I also posted a video of our Ghiradelli trip, you can watch it here: http://www.youtube.com/user/MakingSweetCreations#p/u/0/DBxLdxIQ3AQ

5 comments:

  1. The sundae looks so good. Love the vintage chocolate ads, too...I have several in my kitchen.
    I have been to Ghiradelli Square in SF and their chocolate is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is very good! My favorite chocolates of theirs is the caramel filled squares, but especially the caramel latte and pumpkin spice caramel! The ice cream was good too, just a bit pricey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I just found your cute blog! :)

    I am loving your recipes! I would like to invite you to link up to "Made it on Monday" a WEEKLY RECIPE LINK....you can post every Wed.-Sat. I hope you will join in the fun :)

    http://larkscountryheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Ghirardelli! But it can be a little pricey. I have never been in an actual Ghirardelli store though. Those ice cream sundaes look super yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I miss Sweet Sundays! Maybe you could bring it back once a month??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...