Friday, February 18, 2011

See What's Baking in my Kitchen This Week

These are some random photos of things I have been making the past week or so. I am still enjoying the MySweetCreations Peanut Butter Cookie Pie pictured above. I think I like the addition of homemade whipped cream on the side with extra chocolate for in between bites of the cold, rich pie. I haven't had much of an appetite this week, otherwise I could finish this pie off myself in a few days.


I still have a bag of crisp rice which is different than rice krispy cereal. I bought the crisp rice from a candy/cake making specialty store in my area and it is the same crisp rice that you would find in a Nestle Crunch or 100 Grand candy bar. I felt like experimenting so I made some milk chocolate crunch eggs with cinnamon. Basically milk chocolate, cinnamon, and crisp rice. I wrapped them in pink foil...they will be great for Easter treats.


These are some sort of cream cheese filled blonde brownie/cookies. It was a recipe from AllRecipes that I used. The concept was really great, but the brownie/cookie was dry. I only ate two of these because I felt obligated but I hate desserts don't turn out and I end up pitching it in the trash.


The last time I have a Peanutty S'More was about 3 years ago when I first discovered AllRecipe. The recipe is on their website but it is quite simple. You make a s'more but you use a full size Reese's Cup instead of a plain chocolate bar. The picture quality of bad because I made these at night with no natural daylight remaining outside. I am looking forward to the time change so I can get better photos into the evening.



Last but certainly not least is drinking chocolate. You may be wondering what the heck drinking chocolate is? It is a thick, rich melted drinking chocolate, thicker than a hot chocolate and made using whole milk, heavy cream, and chocolate. I advise you only made 4 ounces at a time because if you ever has drinking chocolate you know it is quite rich. I have been experimenting with making my own drinking chocolate recipe.




2 comments:

  1. you are killing me. those look fantastic.

    now i need a cupcake or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter was looking at your blog with me, and when we got to the last picture she asks, "What is that?" I told her "drinking chocolate", and she looked at me with the most serious face and said, "Oh, that must be only for adults." I think that she thought it was alcoholic. Lol! Maybe mommy should quit saying (jokingly of course) "I need a drink!" whenever she or her brother are a handfull:-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...