Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine Treats, Share Yours Here!

Link up below and share your sweet Valentine's Day treats or ideas with us!


I like to call these "Lollipop Cookies" but they are better known as "Playdough Cookies" or "Fun Cookie Suckers."

This made a great Valentine for my daughter to pass out to her friends. It is also something they can take away from the day and enjoy. Below is a photo showing how I packaged them. I used clear bags and silver twist ties, you can find them at your local Michael's or candy/cake specialty store. Tieing the baggies off with ribbon is actually way more cute that using the twist ties. As a side note, these cookies also make for great party favors!






I also made my staple cookies, chocolate chip with milk chocolate chips and white chocolate chips. I usually press M&M's into the tops. For Valentine's Day, I decided to press one jumbo red heart into each cookie just before baking. I added some white pearlized nonpareils to some of them.




Happy Valentine's Day!





11 comments:

  1. Love these. We are not allowed to send "homemade" goodies to school only store bought. Weird huh? I really wish I could but I will have to make these for home :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost forgot, I'm your newest follower. Love your site.
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Mickey! My daughter is almost five, so she isn't in school this year, but we passed them out during her Valentine playdates and neighborhood friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE these! We made them this summer but I didn't even think to make them red and pink for Valentine's day! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your lollipop cookies are so cute! I did like you and make choc. chip cookies with M&Ms pressed on top. Thanks for recommending Beth's Chocolate Chip cookies (from AR). I love them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so kitschy cute! I am also a huge fan of Beth's Chocolate Chip cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, love the Beth's recipe from AllRecipes too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great idea. These are really cute and I'm sure the kids loved them. This is my first visit to your blog and I spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here, and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Mary for your kind comment. Please subscribe if you can so you know when I submit new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! These are fantastic. I am ordering early for next year!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...