Sunday, February 6, 2011

Homemade Mud Pie


Delicious.



A purely homemade mud pie.

I was looking for an ice cream mud pie and I came across a recipe on AllRecipes.com
I decided to make this recipe for a couple of reasons. First, I was actually looking for something very homemade and labor intensive. Second, the recipe has no photo of it posted yet and the last review was left in 2008. I decided to make homemade vanilla ice cream and homemade whipped cream to go along with this as well.



I took the sides off of the springform pan and some of the espresso fudge came out. No worries, I just scraped it and placed the extra fudge on the plate next to the slice and put some homemade whipped cream on top.


For the topping as you see, I put some of the espresso fudge on top as the recipe indicates. I wanted this to look nice so I piped homemade whipped cream around the side, added some Godiva 85% chocolate shavings on top of the fudge and placed some pitted cherries on for some color.

You can find the link to the recipe here:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Mud-Pie-II/Detail.aspx?prop31=3

4 comments:

  1. Hi :-) I stopped by to link up to 'Sweet Sunday', but found no link-up. Do you not run it weekly?

    Your pie looks delicious! Maybe I shouldn't have stopped by o;-p

    Here's what I was going to link up - http://thebzhousethatlovebuilt.blogspot.com/2011/02/fudge-brownies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been running Sweet Sunday's weekly but I didn't do it this Sunday. I haven't been getting much interest in it so I am thinking of putting it on hold for a little while. I think I may start again when I can devote a little more time to it, maybe in a month or two when my schedule opens up more and I can out myself out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I love making things that are completely homeade. I think it's so much healthier eating homeade rather than processed foods. The ice cream sounds delicious to me right now since I'm getting over a head cold. Nothing like nice cold ice cream for a sore throat and stuffy nose.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...